SPEAKING CLUB ONLINE
The Speaking Club online is the perfect way to practice conversation in English and other languages.
How does it work?
The Speaking Club is a meeting online where people from different countries come together to practice speaking in English.
There are only two rules in the Speaking Club:
1. Be nice! – it is not a competition, everybody is here just to practice English 🙂
2. English only! – no other language is allowed.
Alright, here is how it works step by step:
1. Watch the short video before the meeting.
This is the topic for the speaking club, you can also take a quick look at the questions, but no need to prepare.
2. Join the meeting on Zoom (Zoom is a free video-conferencing software like Skype).
The meeting will last 1 hour.
3. The organizer will put you in a mini group of 3 people to start the first part.
This will last 15-20 minutes. There will be 3 parts in one hour.
4. Have fun!
If it still sounds complicated, don’t worry! I will be there to guide you in the beginning.
Send me a message and let’s arrange a meeting on Zoom!
Anyone from any country can join. Your English level should be minimum Intermediate – we will check your English during our one on one meeting on Zoom.
You can Register here, and then you will need to have a quick online meeting to check your microphone/webcam are working and your language level is sufficient.
No, we don’t use Skype. We use Zoom, it’s a free video-conferencing software like Skype but it’s a little better for groups. You don’t need to create an account on Zoom. Just install it on your laptop and join a meeting.
The first time is completely free, with no obligations – just come and try for fun!
If you wish to continue, the price is as low as 4 USD per hour*.
*The Speaking Club is completely free for native speakers!
All times are displayed in your local time zone!
Part 1 – Natural disasters
1. What are natural disasters?
2. Have you ever experienced a natural disaster?
3. What was the last natural disaster you saw on TV?
4. Have you ever prepared for a natural disaster?
5. Are there often natural disasters in your country?
6. What’s the worst natural disaster in your opinion?
7. Do you think natural disasters are happening more frequently in the world today?
8. What’s the best natural disaster movie you’ve ever seen?
Part 2 – Future
1. How often do you think about the future?
2. What do you hope for your own future?
3. What fears do you have for the future?
4. Where do you see yourself in ten, twenty and fifty years from now?
5. What will the world’s biggest problem be in the future?
6. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Why?
7. When you were younger, what did you think about your future?
8. What are some major changes the world will see in the future?
Part 3 – Conversation
1. What’s it like in your secret world inside your head?
2. As the only human left on Earth, what would you do?
3. Have you ever eaten something quite strange?
4. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
5. How much do you think names affect the outcomes of people’s lives?
6. What’s the most amazing true story you’ve heard?
7. What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
8. What nicknames do you have for people in your life?
Part 1 – Workplace
1. How would you describe your workplace?
2. What is your favorite thing about your workplace?
3. What do you dislike about your workplace?
4. Would you like to work in an open office? Why/Why not?
5. Do you spend a lot of time with your colleagues?
6. How often do you meet your colleagues outside of work?
7. Do you think you have a good Boss? Why/Why not?
8. How many hours a week do you spend in your workplace?
Part 2 – Job interview
1. What do you think of job interviews?
2. What was your first job interview like?
3. What experience do you have of job interviews?
4. What should you wear to a job interview?
5. What difficult questions have you in an interview?
6. How did your last job interview go?
7. What is your favourite job interview question?
8. How do you feel after a job interview?
Part 3 – Conversation
1. What trends did you follow when you were younger?
2. What’s the worst and best thing about being male/female?
3. When was the last time you got a gift?
4. What current trend do you hope will go on for a long time?
5. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
6. What’s your biggest fear?
7. What do you need help with most often?
8. Do you listen to any podcasts? Which ones?
Part 1 – Space
1. Are you interested in the universe?
2. What would you like to know about the universe?
3. Would you like to travel around the universe?
4. What three adjectives would you choose to describe the universe?
5. What part of the universe would you like to take a picture of?
6. What is your favorite space related movie?
7. When was the last time you looked up at the stars?
8. Do you think we are alone in the universe?
Part 2 – Pictures
1. Do you like taking pictures?
2. Do you have many pictures of yourself young?
3. How many pictures do you have on your phone?
4. When was the last time you took a picture? What was it?
5. Have you ever used an old camera? How was it?
6. How do feel about people taking many pictures nowadays?
7. Do you take pictures of your food sometimes?
8. Is there a lot of technique to taking good pictures?
Part 3 – Conversation
1. What do you bring with you everywhere you go?
2. How would your friends and family describe you?
3. What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
4. How do you keep up to date with the news?
5. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
6. Are you usually early or late?
7. What will you do if you get bored?
8. Where did you go last weekend? What did you do?
Part 1 – Books
1. What kinds of books do you like?
2. If you wrote a book, what would you write about?
3. Do you think the Internet will make books disappear?
4. What do you think of the idea of E-books?
5. How many books have you read in English?
6. Which is better, the book or the movie?
7. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
8. Do you ever read the last page before you start reading a book?
Part 2 – Place of learning
1. How often do you go to the library?
2. Do you think people are using libraries more or less than they did 20 years ago? Why?
3. What is your first memory of school?
4. What’s the most important thing you learnt at school?
5. If you went to school again, what would you do differently?
6. What would you like to study at university?
7. Is it important to go to university?
8. Should university education be free?
Part 3 – Conversation
1. Who is the most creative person you know?
2. How often do you speak to members of your family?
3. What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
4. What do you use to listen to music?
5. What personal passion project are you working on right now?
6. What’s your favorite way to waste time?
7. Who is your oldest friend? Where did you meet them?
8. If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do?
1 Free Hour
3 Free Hours
UNLIMITED~ NEW ~
Attend any meeting!